Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Surprize....

This is what we got up to this morning. Sure makes out little tree look pretty! We still call it our little tree because we planted it as a twig. It is getting pretty big now We love it and so do the Quail, which we love to watch.
 Marv decided we needed some good soup so I made Tomato at his request. He doesn't like cream soups so... His is with out. See mine? lol I like mine creamy..
Here is how I made it:
Tomato soup
1 Qt Chicken Broth
2 cans diced Tomato's
1 small can Tomato Paste
1 ts Kosher Salt
2 Cloves Garlic minced
4 ts dried Basil
1/2 ts or to taste Black Pepper
1Cup Sauteed Onion 
(I used a Sweet onion, sauteed in 2 ts bacon fat and a light sprinkle of salt 
Then added 1 cup of this to the soup I'll show you what I did with the other 1/2 in a minute) 

Mix all together in a large sauce pan and blend with an immersion blender, 
(or blend in batches with a blender or food processor.) 
Heat until hot and serve with Crackers, Popcorn, or a good sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese. MMmm

If you have any suggestions on how to make this soup better Please leave me a comment.

**********************
Now what I did with the rest of the onion was add it to tonight's dinner...
 To be served with a nice salad and pork tenderloin.

Mac & Cheese

 
 I use Dreamsfeild pasta.
1 Box pasta cooked to directions
1/4 C Butter
1/4 C Flour
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1 C Milk
1 egg
1egg yolk
1 C Sauteed Onion
8 oz Grated Cheddar Cheese

Make a rue by melting butter stir in flour and cook until slightly brown.
I add salt and  pepper and stir in milk, cook slightly.
Mix egg and extra yolk together then temper with a little bit of the sauce. 
Stir egg mixture into the pot with the onion and cook until it starts to thicken.
Add grated Cheddar Cheese. Stir until melted.
Drain pasta and add sauce. You can eat right away or put in fridge 
and place in 325 F oven for 20 minutes before you want to eat dinner.

This is SO YUMMY if you use mixed cheeses too. I have used Sharp and White Cheddar, Romano and Parmesan.

I do have a couple of crafty things to post as soon as I can get pictures of them. My camera broke so am using my phone for now to take pictures. Will post when I can. Have a great day!! (((Hugs)))

1 comment:

  1. Love home made soup and make lots of it especially if there are vegetables to use up before they go off! The only difference between your tomato soup and mine is that I use some fresh tomatoes too - skin by dipping in boiling water and then roughly chop and add to the mix. This is nicer if you have grown your own tomatoes :) Served with fresh crusty bread and a hunk of cheese, very satisfying!
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete