Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

My go at a couple of cards tonight

I have been wanting to make something creative and haven't had the energy to back it up. Well tonight I made my self work in the No No Room and I had a blast.  (Mom if you see these please don't show dad)
I will get his mailed tomorrow. ;-)
Dad isn't feeling to good so wanting him to know I was thinking of him. I enjoy making cards when I have a person in mind for it to begin with.

I got this template from http://www.krewellakreations.co.uk/blog/?p=2813 for the copper frame.
It is cut out of heavy brown card and heat embossed with copper. Hand made paper roses and hand cut leaves set it off nice.



On this card I got the template from Bird at http://www.birdscards.com/free-digital-cut-files/bird-cages/
It too was printed on heavy brown card and heat embossed with silver. The little bird is colored with inks. Just a real cute idea. And of course I had to line the bottom of the cage with newspaper. LOL



A big "Thank you"  Ladies for all the gifts you freely share with all of us! (((Hugs)))

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I've just got a Silhouette Cameo (well - it's for Christmas really, but the box just sort of fell open! ;o)) and have discovered Bird's cut files. Love them all, and you have made such wonderful cards.

    Love Joan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan,
      Thanks for the lovely comment and stopping by. Please stop by again and let me know how you like your Cameo. I do all my cutting by hand. Have heard about so many different machines and would like to know more about them. Have a great day.
      (((Hugs))) Nana

      Delete
    2. Will do, Nana. It's a very steep learning curve for me, but I'll get there in the end! LOL!

      Love Joan xx

      Delete
  2. Lol Nana you are out of your mind cutting that one with the squares ..but you could not tell that one from a machine cut. If I had a clapping do da I'd give you 100 lol well done you XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire your skill and patience at hand cutting April. One day I hope to be able to buy a Cameo as I am hopeless at cutting out especially straight lines :D
    Love your beautiful card and the bird cage and hope your dad improves very soon.
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete